City and Guilds Welding Courses
5/5 stars on Google Reviews
4.9/5 stars on Facebook Reviews
City and Guilds Welding Skills 3268
What Is Involved In Studying This Course?
Depending on which Level and qualification you choose, you will be able to:
- produce welds in either flat/horizontal or vertical or overhead positions
- work with specified materials, thicknesses and tolerances
- produce flat plate or folded components and cylindrical or jointed fabrications
- produce profile plate or an angle bracket and a manifold bracket or flanged pipe.
For the qualifications at Level 2 you will complete five practical assignments and an oral knowledge tests. At Level 3, you will also complete five practical tasks and an on-line knowledge test.
C&G Level 2 Intermediate Welding Courses
You are already working in the welding and fabrication industries and are looking to develop your skills further, to increase your responsibilities and knowledge.
What Level 2 Courses are available?
C&G Level 3 Advanced Level Welding Courses
You’ve worked in welding for some time – you have plenty of experience. You want to develop your skills further so you can undertake intricate welding work and quality control.
What Level 3 Courses are available?
What Careers Can This Lead To?
The Awards and Certificates within this suite of qualifications could help you develop a career in the Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering sector. They could lead to several job roles, including:
- Fitter Welder
- Pipe Fitter
- Maintenance Welding Operative
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Plater Fabricator
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking these qualifications.
City and Guilds
CITY & GUILDS LEVEL 2 INTRODUCTORY WELDING SKILLS IN MAG/MIG, MMA OR TIGex VatAdd to cart
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a welding course UK?
What classes do you take for welding?
You can take an intensive fast track training course, part-time evening course, part-time weekend course at level 1, level 2 and level 3 for MIG Welding, TIG Welding or MMA welding.
How long does it take to complete a welding course?
This can take anything from 5 days to 4 years, depending on experience and the skills that you need to achieve. Call 08002461483 to discuss your requirements.
Welding courses for beginners
The level 1 C&G programmes are perfect for beginners.
1-day welding course near me
Why not try our 1-day welding course if you are unsure on how you would like to progress. Call 08002461483 to discuss your requirements.
What are the different types of certification?
There are at least four main types of welding certification that you can obtain with the welding academy. These are:
- Regulated City and Guilds Qualifications – Delivered and assessed in our fully accredited training centre.
- Welding Competency certification – Delivered and assessed in our fully accredited training centre.
- BS 4872 Class 2 welder coding qualification – – Delivered, assessed and tested in our fully accredited training centre.
- ASME IX and ISO 9606 Class 1 welder coding Qualifications– Delivered and assessed in our fully accredited training centre. Non-destructive and destructive testing is carried out at a UKAS accredited laboratory.
Welding Courses Northwest and Nationwide
We operate from our welding test location of Chester, Cheshire that has a vast range of hotels and Airbnb accommodation. All our programmes are practical and are delivered by an intensive teaching method.
Fully kitted out welding training centre in Chester, UK
Training is based at our fully kitted out and TWI approved training centre in Chester, in the UK. Although, we can also offer tailored training plans on-site at your business for larger teams with a need for short, intensive training courses.