The Welding Academy specialises in the provision of highly effective Health & Safety training for individuals and organisations. Dealing with hazardous substances, maintaining a safe working environment and following best practices are just some of the training programmes we deliver throughout the UK.
Duration: 4 hours
All staff (other than those in scope of ADR) whose duties concern the carriage of dangerous goods, whether directly or indirectly, by road, sea, rail or air are required to receive training appropriate to their responsibilities. Typical roles include packers, loaders, pickers, warehouse and forklift operatives, freight forwarding, shipping agency office staff, supervisors, consignees and drivers of non-ADR vehicles.
Course modules include:
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods Regulations and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2009 (CDR Regulations)
- ADR – European agreement
- UN classes and their hazards
- Dangerous goods notes
- Portable tanks and tankers
- IBCs and large packages
- Packages and cylinders
- Action in the event of a fire or spill
- Basic decontamination procedures
- Basic emergency first aid procedures
Delivery method: classroom tutorial and group activities
Assessment: A written assessment