The Welding Academy specialises in the provision of highly effective Health & Safety training for individuals and organisations. Dealing with hazardous substances, maintaining a safe working environment and following best practices are just some of the training programmes we deliver throughout the UK.
Emergency First Aid at Work Level 3
Duration: 1 day
The Emergency First Aid at Work qualification supports candidates to become emergency first-aiders in the workplace. The content of the qualification meets the HSE requirements for training emergency first-aiders in organisations that have identified the need for appropriately trained staff.
Course modules include:
- The roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- How to assess an incident and recognise the signs and symptoms of injury and illness
- First aid skills
- The use of CPR and AED
- Providing first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock
In line with the guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports workplace first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which learners will be required to retake the course. In addition to this, it is recommended that candidates refresh their knowledge annually.
Assessment: The qualification is assessed by the following two methods:
- Practical observation. The practical assessment is completed throughout the course delivery. This ongoing assessment will involve learners demonstrating practical first aid skills
- Written/oral questioning. Learners must provide a short response to set questions within a learner pack, which underpins knowledge of first aid