Course Duration: 1 Day
Course Location: The Welding Academy, 5 Sealand Trade Centre, Hartford Way, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 4NW
Course Cost: £150 +VAT Per Person
(This Includes Exam Fees, Textbooks, Equipment, Lunch, Teas And Coffees)
Course Delivery: As well as the fixed dates, we also offer training at company sites where at least six persons are taking the course. Please call for further details on 0800 246 1483.
This course no longer makes you eligible to apply for your CSCS or ECS card but you can book onto our Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers course which will allow you to be eligible to apply for your CSCS or ECS card.
The Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH) have developed the Working safely 1-day course for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding in the essentials of health and safety. The training course covers all of the health and safety basics, plus environmental issues.
Assessment is via written and practical tests included in the day’s training, with proof of learning achievement through either an IOSH certificate or credit card-sized working safely ‘passport’ card.
Following successful completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- Understand why it’s important to work safely and the effects it will have if they fail to do so
- Identify risks and hazards and the importance of risk assessments
- Assist in the preparation of risk assessments
- Appreciate the importance of a health & safety management system
- Understand safety signs and signals
- Report accidents and incidents
- Appreciate the effects of environmental management and how individuals can minimise pollution and waste
This qualification will cover the following topics:
- Introducing working safely
- Defining hazard and risk
- Identifying common hazards
- Improving safety performance
Delegates will be assessed via written and practical assessments. Successful candidates will be awarded an IOSH Working safely certificate.
Who Should Attend?
This IOSH training course is aimed at employees who have had little or no training on health and safety and those wanting to improve best practice in the workplace.