Course Duration: 1 Day
Course Location: The Welding Academy, 5 Sealand Trade Centre, Hartford Way, Chester, Cheshire, CH1 4NW
Course Cost: £150 +VAT Per Person
(This Includes Exam Fees, Textbooks, Equipment, Lunch, Teas And Coffees)
Course Delivery: As well as the fixed dates, we also offer training at company sites where at least six persons are taking the course. Please call for further details on 0800 246 1483.
IOSH’s globally-delivered, one-day, face-to-face Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Workers course provides essential knowledge for anyone who is involved in construction activities.
The course is approved by CITB so as an employer you can claim back a CITB levy from this course.
IOSH Working Safely is no longer an eligible course for the CSCS or ECS card, however, our Safety, Health and Environment for construction workers course is now approved.
The course provides the core knowledge your workers need to stay safe and embeds the good understanding and techniques needed to keep others safe too. Keeping your business healthy and safe with an effective training programme will enable you to reduce the cost of accidents and illness by up to 40 per cent.
Following successful completion of this course candidates will be able to:
- Apply for their CSCS or ECS card
- Understand the basics of health and safety
- Identify the right procedures and precautions to take before working on a site
This qualification will cover the following topics:
- Health and safety issues to be managed in the construction industry to protect employees, contractors, neighbours and others
- The basics of local law
- The importance of risk assessments and method statements and the development process
- Site requirements for the welfare of construction workers on site
- Hazards and controls associated with construction sites and activities including working at height and confined spaces
- Site environmental management including management of waste and ecology
Delegates will be assessed via written and practical assessments. Successful candidates will be awarded a Safety, Health and Environment for construction workers certificate.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who works on or around a construction site or has cause to visit the site in the course of their work.
Remember, it is your responsibility to provide your staff with the training to ensure your site is fully compliant with safety, health and environmental regulations.
Safety, Health and Environment for Construction Managers