The Welding Academy specialises in the provision of highly effective Health & Safety training for individuals and organisations. Dealing with hazardous substances, maintaining a safe working environment and following best practices are just some of the training programmes we deliver throughout the UK.
Spill Kit Training
Duration: 4 hours
This course trains candidates to use a spill kit correctly and understand the correct procedure should a hazardous spill occur. This practical course requires candidates to deal with scenarios involving chemical spills. It also provides guidance about how to respond safely to a spillage in the workplace.
Course modules include:
- Relevant safety legislation, including ISO 14001:2015
- Environmental awareness and vulnerabilities
- Spill kit contents and its use
- Spill prevention
- Spill response
- Evacuation procedures
- Emergency First Aid should contamination occur
- Practical scenarios requiring the use of PPE and spill kits
Delivery method: classroom tutorial, group activities and practical demonstrations
Assessment: A written assessment